Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

78th Annual Academy Awards ... My Predictions

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Nominations for the 78th annual Oscar nominations have been announced. I thought this year I'd go out on a limb and make some predictions ...

Best Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Capote.
Actress: Keira Knightley, Pride & Prejudice.
Supporting Actor: George Clooney, Syriana( or Jake Gyllenhaal, Brokeback Mountain).
Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz, The Constant Gardener.
Director: Ang Lee, Brokeback Mountain.
Adapted Screenplay: Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, Brokeback Mountain.
Original Screenplay: George Clooney and Grant Heslov, Good Night, and Good Luck.
Animated Feature Film: Howl's Moving Castle.
Art Direction: King Kong.
Cinematography: Brokeback Mountain.
Sound Mixing: King Kong.
Sound Editing: King Kong.
Original Score: Brokeback Mountain, Gustavo Santaolalla (I guess ... I really didn't think it was a brilliant year for film scores.)
Original Song: Travelin' Thru from Transamerica, Dolly Parton.
Costume: Memoirs of a Geisha.
Documentary Feature: March of the Penguins.
Makeup: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Visual Effects: King Kong (interesting to see Episode III didn't even get a nomination in this category!)

I've left out a few categories where I've seen none or only one of the nominated films ... let's see how I go on the night!

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2006 07:14:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knightley!?! I love ya, but you're CRAZY on that one...

 
At 2/10/2006 01:19:00 am, Blogger Graeme Watson said...

Keira Knightly hasn't got as hope in hell of winning Best Actress.

 
At 2/17/2006 08:06:00 pm, Blogger Grant said...

I don't rhink Knightley winning is an unheard of possibility, but I do think it's severely unlikely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home