Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Macbooks (or: Pictures of Tama's Head That Are Really Weird!)

Saturday, August 05, 2006
There is a new Macbook in the family and it's a delightful little creature! The iSight camera is very impressive for its size and with the combination of Quicktime Pro for video recording or Photobooth for general messing about, the Macbook does seem pretty much ready to act as a personal micro-media and silliness production centre!

While Photobooth is a pretty simple piece of software, the filters are sure to keep everyone amused for a few hours. I had a play and discovered what I would look like were my face completely symmetrical...


I also looked at myself with big hair...

(I'm rather glad I don't wake up looking like that!).

With iMovie and Quicktime I even managed to record my talking head within a minute of turning the Macbook on. (Keep in mind, though, that you need to pay extra to get Quicktime Pro if you want to record video from the iSight camera.Update: Actually, you can record straight into iMovieHD without paying a thing!)

All in all, I think this is going to be a fun computer (and might just ensure a little bit more media creation on my part!)

[Tags: | | | ]

1 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 01:43:00 pm, Blogger jojo said...

and new glasses?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home