Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Kayne West Political Mashup: "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" by The Legendary K.O.

Friday, September 09, 2005


Remix Kayne West's famous statement "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" with his latest single "Gold Digger" and you've got the political anthem for Katrina's Aftermath (or should we be calling it Bush's Aftermath by now?). The remix/mashup was created by The Legendary K.O, with lyrics by Big Mon and Damien (aka Dem Knock-Out Boyz). Lyrics to channel your anger:
Five days in this motherfucking attic
I can't use the cellphone I keep getting static
Dying 'cause they lying instead of telling us the truth (...)
Screwed 'cause they say they're coming back for us, too
but that was three days ago and I don't see no rescue(...)

Swam to the store, tryin' to look for food
Corner store's kinda flooded so I broke my way through
Got what I could but before I got through
News say the police shot a black man trying to loot
[Download from the Internet Archive - MP3, 8.7MB] [Via Waxy & BBoing]

[X] Also, for a satisfying rebuke to the US Federal government's inaction, the Daily Kos reports what happens when VP Dick Cheney visited Mississippi ("Go Fuck Yourself, Mr. Cheney!"). [WMV and MOV available at Crooks & Liars] I wouldn't be at all suprised to hear that line mashed up pretty soon, too!

[Tags: | | | | | | | | | | ]

1 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 08:52:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! I put this up on my Xanga Blog. many thanks man!

Amatul in Boston
http://www.xanga.com/amatul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home