Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Monday, May 10, 2004
Blogger's New Toolkit

Just as I was starting to get a bit jaded by the limitations of my Blogger blog, Blogger have relaunched their entire interface and toolkit with some nifty new options. First and foremost is the ability to add comments without an external plugin. For me this a just a month late since I finally coughed up $US10 to use Backblog's Pro service which included the things Moveable Type can do (or, at least, most of them). Of equal import for me is that it is now possible to create individual post pages in order to archive and link to. This is something I've always wanted to be able to do, and probably the main reason I would have learnt Movable Type. There are also heaps of new templates and since I've had this look for over a year, when things settle down work-wise (or I can't stop some uber-procrastination), I suspect a new look cometh. All in all, though, I'm very pleased with Blogger's updates and think that'll do just fine for now. Of course, including a Trackback service would be nice ...

0 Comments:

<< Home