Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Tamaboy?!? What the ... ?

Friday, July 16, 2004

Woah. Obviously I've annoyed The Powers That Be: it wasn't enough that there was a cheap immitation of Tamagotchi called a Tamatoy(!), but now there is a virtual human-based Tamagotchi called ... wait for it ... TamaBoy! *sigh* And the tagline is "Discover Yourself"? Could this be any more freaky?!? (For those of you who don't get the joke ... my name is Tama ... and I'm a boy ... and I work in the Arts Faculty at UWA where the motto is 'Know Thyself'). Could this be any weirder? For those who know me, go on, live the fantasy, go and set up your own Tamaboy and stop feeding it and watch the bloody thing die. *sigh* I feel like I'm having a virtual life not of my making! I guess I should be thankful I'm not in primary school anymore .... [Via Ludology.org]

0 Comments:

<< Home