A Different Hurricane Katrina Timeline:
1. Hurricane Katrina rips through the Southern US States.
2. US President George W Bush takes five days to respond to the largest natural disaster ever to hit the US (he's on holiday for the first two days!).
3. Rap musician Kayne West declares "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" in despair and disgust with the current US adminstration during a hurricane relief show.
4. The Legendary K.O. remixes Kayne West's statement with West's number one hit "Gold Digger" with new lyrics by Big Mon and Damien (aka Dem Knock-Out Boyz) to create the political mashup "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" (or "George Bush Don't Like Black People").
5. Franklin Lopez of SubMediaTV takes the mashup and creates the music video "George Bush Don't Like Black People". [Via GNN & BoingBoing]
This is an extremely expressive video mashup and this sort of expression is another example of citizen media offering a powerful critique of the many failures of George W. Bush and his adminstration in relation to Hurricane Katrina's Aftermath. You should watch this clip!
[Direct Download - Internet Archive/OurMedia - 24MB]
Update Windows Version Added: [Internet Archive/OurMedia - WMV]
NB: The mashup is encoded with the H.264 codec and really needs Quicktime 7 to work properly. There is an experimental H.264 codec for Windows here (but I've not tried it out). Without H.264 you'll probably only get the sound. (Update: Unless of course you use the just added WMV version!)
[Tags: katrina | aftermath | politics | mashup | kaynewest | lengendaryko | franklinlopez | bush | georgewbush | citizenmedia]