Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Wednesday, August 27, 2003
Radio Sunnydale: New Buffy Album??

Whedonesque points to a report on a new Buffy: The Vampire Slayer Album called Radio Sunnydale, supposedly being released through Virgin Records. Here's the tracklist:
RADIO SUNNYDALE:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer -
Music From The Television Series Track Listing:

1. Buffy Main Title Theme - The Breeders
2. Goodbye to You (Bronze Mix) - Michelle Branch
3. Bohemian Like You - Dandy Warhols
4. There's No Other Way - Blur
5. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Melanie Doane
6. Sound of the Revolution - Lunatic Calm
7. Out of This World - Bush
8. Pavlov's Bell - Aimee Mann
9. Stop Thinking About It - Joey Ramone
10. Key - Devics
11. Ballad for Dead Friends - Dashboard Prophets
12. ORIGINAL SCORE - Rob Duncan
Now, even the most dedicated Buffy fans won't be able to remember all the songs used in the show, but I'm positive that some on these never were. A quick search in the Music section of The Lost Library can't find some of these tracks either. So, perhaps this is just wishful thinking and the 'press release' is a work of pure fiction? More to the point, I can't find the album listed *anywhere* else. I guess I'll have to watch closely and see if there really will be an album or not. I like the idea, though ...

Update (7th Sept, 2003: 12:59PM)
: Apparently all the songs are from Buffy at some point or another (I'm just not as well attuned to my obsession as I had thought) and it's available here via Amazon.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home