Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Friday, May 21, 2004
The Ultimate War Simulation

I've been reading a bit and checking out some overtly political games recently, but David Wong's Ultimate War Simulation, which is a satirical manifesto for an war simulation game based on the current Iraq occupation, is one of the best tongue-in-check efforts I've found so far. A bite:
7. I want my Mission Objectives to change every 30 seconds, without anyone letting me know. I want little talking heads to pop up on my screen - commanders, politicians, allies, military intelligence - each giving me different sets of victory parameters, all of them conflicting and many of them written in bullshit ass-covering doublespeak.
Filled with pictures extrapolating from current games and global politics this is a great satire and potentially quite a useful teaching tool! :) [Via Ludology]

0 Comments:

<< Home