Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Real Live Bloggers!

Sunday, September 12, 2004
On Friday 10th and Saturday 11th September, I was fortunate enough to attend the amazing Network Media: Code, Culture, Convenion symposium which was held at the University of Western Australia. A full report on the symposium (or as full as my comments ever get) will turn up sometime in the next week when I finish marking for Self.Net, but I thought I'd say a quick digital hello to fellow blogger Kylie Veale of Internet Genealogy fame (and who also blogged the Oxford Internet Institute's 2004 Doctoral Program).
Kylie Veale Tama LeaverHere's a picture of Kylie and myself squinting in the Perth sunlight (even though it was, I'm told, "so cold"!) as Kylie was also at the Network Media symposium and it was great to finally meet an Australian internet research blogger from the rather widespread Australian postgraduate landscape! Also at the symposium, but who stealthily avoided the camera, was Mr Gaimlee Manna himself, Stewart Woods, who I was delighted to swap a few words with since I don't think we've previously had much of a conversation in the "real" world. So, a great weekend where parts of the blogosphere remapped themselves onto actual geography!

0 Comments:

<< Home