Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Somersault by Decoder Ring

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Ever since I saw Somersault earlier this year, I've had fragments of the beautiful score/soundtrack by Decoder Ring floating around inside my head. Today, for the first time in ages, I bought myself a new cd and Somersault was it. This is a beautiful, if haunting, album. (You can hear a streaming version of the title track here.) Apparently, it doesn't exactly leave you feeling upbeat, since the SMH says:
There's a lovely wistfulness hanging over this album, evoking damp evenings in small terraces and drinks sipped slowly, alone, in dark cafes
And ITM suggests:
Not to be played on a bright and sunny day, Somersault could be the soundtrack to those emotionally drenched moments of your own life.
Nevertheless, I think there's something very special about this music and it does seep into your thoughts...

0 Comments:

<< Home