Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Scouta is Outa ... and Abouta!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Under the banner "Scouting is better than searching", the new people-powered recommendation engine, Scouta, has made its way online. From Scouta's 'About' page:
Scouta is the new way to get relevant online content. It’s the bold new way for you to get personal recommendations to suit your interests and tastes. These online recommendations come from Scouta learning what you like, and from you--and people like you--sharing the best of what you find online. Scouta will offer you new online audio and video you can pick from and rate, listening and learning as you go. It's free. Join now! Instead of searching for information, inspiration, laughs, and contacts, Scouta will do the work for you--delivering stuff you might never have found searching for hours on your own. The more you add or rate, the smarter Scouta gets. And with every new release, and every new member, it just gets smarter.


I've been in the beta-tester group for Scouta for a couple of months, but I must confess I've been one of the laziest beta-testers in history! While I must admit, I wondered what a new recommendation system could offer, I've only entered a dozen media links thus far, and I've already had something recommended to me that I'm really quite surpised managed to slip under my radar. The recommendation was the "Battlestar Galactica: Season 3 Gag Reel" and it's such a funny collection that I have to share it with you:


If my recommendations are this good after a dozen entries on my part, I'm going to have to keep using for a while to see what else the Scouting Community sends my way! And congratulations, Richard, on the big launch!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2007 12:33:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Tama, and especially for testing!

As for recommendations about Battlestar: I'm looking forward to them releasing everything online, and then the Scouta Group will have plenty of fun content to play with :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home