Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Wednesday, August 13, 2003
Buffy: it's really over now!

Okay, so Buffy: The Vampire Slayer has just ended .. again ... but this time forver. Seeing the finale online still left the, "but it'll be better on TV" moment to look forward to, but now that, too, has passed. *sniff* And it was just so good. However, my micro-epiphany: Amanda's character in the D&D scene, is Trogdor the Burninator and I suddenly realised where Trogdor came from. But first, the funny words:

GILES: I�m all turned around. You�re here, yes?
XANDER: By the pillar, yeah. I�m protecting this area.
GILES: That�s puts me over by the door. Demons around the perimeter� (to Andrew) Right. I open the door.
[Andrew, wearing a red cloak and hood and playing the role of dungeon master, reads from a role-playing game script.]
ANDREW: You go through the door and are confronted by Trogdor the Burninator.
GILES: Oh, bugger it. Fight.
ANDREW: Adios to five hit points. Trogdor has badly wounded you.
GILES: Well, what about my bag of illusions?
ANDREW: (scoffs) Illusions against a burninator? Silly, silly British man.
AMANDA: I invoke a time flux on Trogdor.
ANDREW: Step down, girlfriend! You can�t just�
AMANDA: Ninth level sorcerer and I carry the Emerald Chalice. Trogdor is frozen in time. Deal with it.
[Andrew pouts]
XANDER: Smack down on Red Riding Hood. This could get ugly.
GILES: Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highlyrespected Watcher. Now I�m a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily.

But who exacty is Trogdor the Burninator? Click here to find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home