Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

iLecture!

Thursday, March 03, 2005

iLecture!
Originally uploaded by Tama Leaver.
It's really bizzare to see yourself lecturing from the wrong side of the computer screen for the first time!

My first distance learning lecture was recorded a fortnight ago using UWA's iLecture system and it went live today, so I thought I should take a quick look and make sure I didn't look or sound too odd. The recording itself looks fine, I think, but having the lecturer sitting for these recordings does make you look a bit awkward. I tend to gesture a fair bit, and I think the newsreaderly position makes my hand movements look a bit excessive. Synchronising powerpoint slides and embedding movie files makes it look pretty good (even if there were conversion issues with movie file formats!).

I wonder how students on the receiving end will feel about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home