Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Revenge of the Sith ... Trailer

Sunday, March 13, 2005
The full trailer for the last ever Star Wars film is out. As with many people, I've felt that the prequels haven't been anywhere as near as good as the original trilogy. Attack of the Clones was a definite improvement over The Phantom Menace, but a lot of the film still seemed to be CGI for the sake of CGI. However, I've just watched the new trailer (which is "exclusively" available to paid Hyperspace members at present, although there is a TV-ripped torrent to be found online) and I felt that original trilogy shiver down my spine. The trailer looks amazing, and the tiny snippets of characterisation we see are imbued with exactly the sort of dark and forboding aura that is appropriate for the tragedy of the Star Wars films. While I know I may be setting myself up for disappointment, I can't help but be excited, once more, by the promise of a new Star Wars film ... I'm pretty sure it's the last time I'll ever be able to say such a thing. And I think George Lucas' frank (and strategic) admission that he expects Revenge of the Sith to get a PG-13 rating in the US (the only one of the six to do so), can only fuel the feeling that this may be The Empire Strikes Back of the prequels (and thus, the best of the three, at the very least). Go watch the trailer, and try and tell me you don't just tingle with anticipation as Palpatine growls, "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Update [18 Mar, 2pm]: Better quality crystal clear quicktime versions of the trailer are available here.





[Click to expand images.]

0 Comments:

<< Home