Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Blog Day 3108!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005
It's Blog Day! What the hell is Blog Day (3108) you ask ...
BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.

With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. In this way, all Blog web surfers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.
So, without further ado, my Blog Day Five Recommendations (in no particular order):

[X] Musings From the Void: Tech news, web politics and cultural references, complete with the occasional rant. Kinda like me, but ... well, not me!

[X] MindCaster: From Amsterdam (I think, that's what's in the header logo, anyway). Nice minimalist layout. Beginning to play with Vlogs. Also, a link from there led me to...

[X] The Random Show: Okay, this is a Vlog, not just a blog, but it's fun and engaging and has great little movie clips. Also, it has the amazing Google-Earth enabled Wonderful World clip which I think captures the essence of Blog Day and the blogosphere as I'd like it to be (well, except for the guy who is showing off his belly!).

[X] Sleepless Travels: I stumbled over this blog by using the Blogger bar and jumping until something interesting caught my eye. This blog has many lovely pictures of someone's travel adventures through Asia. Worth a look. Pretty even!

[X] Curry Bet dot Net: Self-described as "a new media geek at the BBC writing about search, the web, the media, politics, transport, the BBC, Walthamstow, football, music, and other stuff...". I like the UK perspective, and the critical eye on the BBC, and this blog is well written. 'Nuff said.

(Incidentally, the only rule of thumb I followed in selecting these blogs is that they all have to be new within a fortnight for me.)

By the way, Perth bloggers, don't forget the tongue-in-cheek WA Blog Awards Night tonight!

[Tags: | | | ] ][Blog Day at Technorati]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home