Ponderance

(May 2003 - March 2007.) Tama's thoughts on the blogosphere, podcasting, popular culture, digital media and citizen journalism posted from a laptop computer somewhere in Perth's isolated, miniature, urban jungle ...

Ponderance: May 22, 2003 - March 11, 2007.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I began this blog on something of a whim on May 22, 2003, and I'm making the final post to Ponderance today, March 11, 2007. With over 850 posts over 3 years and nine months, I really doubt I had any idea how significant blogging would be to me personally and professionally at the beginning, but I certainly see it as one of my core activities today. I've always found the Blogger platform to be really easy to use and a great tool, but there are simply too many things I want to be able to manage myself, too many plugins and tweaks I want to make, so I'm migrating over to a new, wordpress-powered blog at my own domain (tamaleaver.net). Of course, I'll be leaving Ponderance here as an archive!

For those who read Ponderance via RSS feeds, if you're getting the ATOM feed and want to get the feed from my new blog, you'll need to manually subscribe here. For those using the Feedburner feed, I'm going to re-direct that to my new blog in the next few hours so the transition should (I hope) be seamless! The only major difference in your feed experience will be that I've changed the del.icio.us links so they won't appear as-posted, but will be collected at the end of each day (at 8am Perth time, or midnight GMT).

I've written a lot over the last four years, but I thought I'd take the opportunity in this last post to finish off by pointing to a number of posts ordered by the themes which have most interested me across the duration of my blogging so far. I'm sure I'll be writing more on most of these issues in my new blog, but without any further ado, I give you my entirely subjective, Best Of Ponderance ...

Citizen Media & Participatory Culture

The Tyranny of Digital Distance

Citizen Justice
YouTubery
I hope you'll come over and visit the my new blog at tamaleaver dot net.

For Ponderance, that's it! All done.

4 Comments:

At 3/11/2007 01:04:00 pm, Blogger flexnib said...

You gave me a fright - when I read your first sentence I thought you were quitting blogging :)

 
At 3/11/2007 01:47:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

CW: Nah, I don't think I could ever quite entirely; I think blogging is just part of who I am now! ;)

 
At 3/14/2007 05:52:00 pm, Blogger jojo said...

farewell ponderance, you'll be missed.

good luck with new bloggy adventures.

x

 
At 3/14/2007 06:08:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jo - I hope you'll be dropping by the new abode! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home